Several meetings are being set up in Abu Dhabi and Dubai with public and private actors of – among others – financial services but also with expatriates in order to better promote exchanges between our countries.
Moreover, participants will have the opportunity to visit the EXPO 2020 Dubai and the Belgian pavilion. The mission will be presided by Brussels Minister-President Rudi Vervoort, Minister Sven Gatz and State Secretary Pascal Smet and will end with the Belgian National Day when our country will be put in the spotlight on the EXPO 2020.
hub.brussels is taking charge of the organisation (program, local transfers, networking receptions,...) and regional subsidies for Brussels SMEs can cover part of the travel expenses.
A webinar is organized with the BFC to better introduce the mission, answer your inquiries and collect your marks of interest to join us in this mission.
Indicative program in Abu Dhabi & Dubai:
Monday 31 January 2022 Departure to Dubai
Tuesday, February 1 2022: ABU DHABI
· Travel Dubai – Abu Dhabi
· Visit Masadar City, new and green city, showcase of renewable energy and clean technologies for the cities of the future
· Event Tech : HUB71 (Abu Dhabi’s Global Tech Ecosystem)
· Event Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM): presentation of Belgian companies to local investors
· Networking evening Embassy of Belgium
· Transfer Abu Dhabi - Dubai
Wednesday 2 February 2022 : DUBAI 1
· Event Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC): presentation of Belgian companies to local investors
· Visit of the Belgian Pavilion in the presence of Brussels officials and companies involved in the scenography
· Dinner on the Belgian pavilion
Thursday 3 February 2022: DUBAI 2
· Breakfast with the Belgian Business Council in Dubai: exchange of experience between expats and Belgians established in the UAE with the delegation
· Event "city planning / vision cross Brussels – Dubai" with Dubai Municipality
· Visit of real estate projects / BESIX 3D
· Networking evening
Friday, February 4: return to Belgium
Optional: Friday 4 February: cultural program; visit of EXPO 2020 -
Saturday 5 February: Belgian National Day on the EXPO 2020 site
Sunday 6 February: return to Belgium
Program of the webinar:
13:00 : Welcome by Ghislain Breydel, Area Manager Middle East at HUB Brussels
13:05 : Sam Servaes, Economic Counsellor representing the Brussels’ Government (hub.brussels): UAE, gateway to the Gulf
13:20 : Zineb Bensaid / Laurent Marlière (ISFIN): the UAE financial system
13:35 : Ghislain Breydel: practical aspects of the mission
13:50 : Q&A moderated by Frédéric de Laminne (BFC)
14:00 : End of the webinar